Please read All the information below relating to the January ‘Video Submission’ CLASP competition. Attached is the competitor list and judges for all grades and events plus the Grade 2 and Grade 1 selected tunes.
*Please note there are labelled tabs at the bottom of each excel file for Grades 1, 2 and 3.
All video submission links should be sent to Margaret Dunn by Midnight on Sunday 31st January 2021 firstname.lastname@example.org
Results will be announced on Saturday 6th February at 9pm via the CLASP Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheCLASP
Please note you do not need to have a Facebook account to access the video. However, results will also be posted on the CLASP website following the video announcement.
VIDEO Submissions - Video’s should be submitted separately for Light Music and Piobaireachd events. Light Music recordings should include ALL light music events entered. The video should not be paused once started and can include tuning, short breaks between events to have a drink of water. Video submissions should be uploaded to You Tube and then competitors should email the link(s) to email@example.com
Video Introduction (Competitors who do not announce themselves at the start of their recordings can not be accepted)
All CLASP competitors should introduce themselves at the start of their video recording and include the following information: Competitors Name/ Grade/Light Music or Piobaireachd event/ Name of Competition and year. For example: My name is John Smith and I will be taking part in the Grade 3 Light Music events for the CLASP January Competition, 2021. This information should also be included (typed into description box) when uploading your competition recording(s) on You Tube - Please see instructional video on how to upload a video recorded on your smart phone to YouTube https://youtu.be/t-tDxsafFX8
- PERFORMANCE DRESS
Highland attire is required
- VIDEO Submissions - Videos should be submitted separately for Light Music and Piobaireachd events. Light Music recordings should include ALL light music events entered. Video submissions should be uploaded to You Tube and then competitors should email the link(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each video submission must be made in one complete take (no editing allowed), but use as many attempts as you want. For Light music events, competitors can stop between events to retune or have a drink of water.
- Your videos must be recorded within the recording window
- All Video submissions must be emailed to CLASP admin by midnight (UK time) on Sunday 31stJanuary 2021.
- Your video should show most or all of your body, including your head. Your video must be lighted properly so your face and hands can be clearly seen. Videos with poor lighting or sound may not be accepted.
- Competitors are allowed to tune up prior to starting their performance, just as you would in a regular competition setting.
UPLOADING VIDEO ENTRIES
All entries will be video submitted using the free platform, You Tube. CLASP admin will share each competitors’ video submission link with their relevant judge for the adjudication process. Please note CLASP will provide support and clear steps for competitors uploading video submission. Here is a link to uploading a video using a smart phone https://youtu.be/t-tDxsafFX8