From October 2016, Grade 1 players will need to submit 3 tunes. Two of these will be from Set Tune 'List 1' and one will be their own choice.
Grade 2 players will submit 2 tunes, one will be selected from 'List 1' and the other from 'List 2'.
Grade 3 players should select one tune from 'List 2'.
Please note, you are not restricted to these settings only, but you should make sure the setting you are playing is a recognized setting and present the music to the judge at each competition.
Grade 1 competitors should select two tunes from this list and one of their own choice. Grade 2 graded players should pick one tune from this list and one tune from List 2.
- MacLeod of Raasay's Salute - Online Resource
- Salute the Soldier (21st Century) - Salute the Soldier
- Corrienessan's Salute - Online Resource
- Lament for Captain MacDougall - Online Resource
- The Groat - Online Resource
- MacCrimmons Sweetheart - Online Resource
Grade 2 and Grade 3 graded players should pick one tune from this list.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s Salute - Queen Elizabeth the Second's Salute
- Lament for Alan My Son - Duncan Johnson book, 'His Complete Compositions' - Online Resource
- Glengarry’s Lament - Online Resource
- Too Long In this Condition - Online Resource
- Struan Robertson Salute - Online Resource
- The Boat Tune - Online Resource
REMINDER- The Set Tunes will be introduced at 'London 2016'.
There will be some competitions exempt from the set tune list.
These competitions are:
- 'World Solo Amateur' - Piping Live!
- 'Northern Meetings' - Inverness
- 'Luss Highland Games'
- 'Rosneath Highland Games'
- 'Inveraray Highland Games'
- 'Chatsworth Country Fair'
You can submit your own choice of tunes at these competitions (that can be tunes from the set tune list if you want!)
August 2017 – New set tune list for grade 1, 2 and 3 competitors will be released.
October/November 2018 – New Set tunes will be submitted for competition.
August 2019 – New set tune list for grade 1, 2 and 3 competitors will be released.
October 2020 – New set tunes will be submitted for competition.
This timeline will be reviewed but, if we feel it is working well, it is likely to continue in this way.
There will be two lists, each with six tunes. List 1, will be used for Grade 1 and 2 competitors. Grade 1 competitors will select two tunes from list 1 and one tune of their own choice.
Grade 2 competitors will select one tune from List 1 and one tune from list 2.
Grade 3 competitors will select one tune from list 2.
Please note that some competitions will not require competitors to submit from the Set Tune list. However, competitors can submit set tunes if they wish as it will be their own choice. The competitions which will be exempt from Set Tunes are as follows:
- ‘World Solo Amateur’ – Piping Live!
- ‘Northern Meetings’ – Inverness
- ‘Luss Highland Games’
- ‘Rosneath Highland Games’
- ‘Inveraray Highland Games’
- ‘Chatsworth Country Fair’