Below are the relevant links to view the competitor list, judges and tune selection for each grade and event relating to The CLASP 'March' Video Submission competition.
Please take time to read All the information below, which also includes the rules and clear information on how to record your video submission.
It is key for each competitor to say the word 'March' Competition at the start of the video introduction because we have already ran a competition in 2021.
*Please note that there are labelled tabs on each excel file for Grades 1, 2 and 3. You may need to scroll along for the Light Music to see all seven event tabs.
Grade 3 Update: The Grade 3, 2/4 March event and Strathspey & Reel event has been split into two heats due to a large number of entries. A draw was used to randomly split the competitors into two heats. The top 6 prizes will be announced from each heat (at the prize giving) followed by the final top 6 placings, which will be decided by the two heat judges (Jenny Hazzard and Colin MacLellan). League points will only be awarded to the final top six placed competitors.
All video submission links should be sent using You Tube to Margaret Dunn by Midnight (UK time) on Sunday 21st March 2021- email@example.com
Results will be announced on Saturday 27th March at 9pm (UK time) via video link on the CLASP Facebook Page and results will also be publish on the News section of The CLASP website and on https://bagpipe.news/
Good luck to you all!
VIDEO Submission Information for Competitors:
Videos should be submitted separately for Light Music and Piobaireachd events.
* One video link should be sent for Light Music and one separate video link should be send for Piobaireachd.
Light Music recordings should include ALL light music events entered. The video should not be paused once started and can include tuning, short breaks between events to have a drink of water. Video submissions should be uploaded to You Tube and then competitors should email the link(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Introduction (Competitors who do not announce themselves at the start of their recordings can not be accepted)
All CLASP competitors should introduce themselves at the start of their video recording and include the following information: Competitors Name/ Grade/Light Music or Piobaireachd event/ Name of Competition and year. For example: My name is John Smith and I will be taking part in the Grade 3 Light Music events for the CLASP March Competition, 2021. This information should also be included (typed into description box) when uploading your competition recording(s) on You Tube - Please see instructional video on how to upload a video recorded on your smart phone to YouTube https://youtu.be/t-tDxsafFX8
- PERFORMANCE DRESS
Highland attire is required
- VIDEO Submissions - One video link should be sent for Light Music and one separate video link should be send for Piobaireachd.
Videos should be submitted separately for Light Music and Piobaireachd events. Light Music recordings should include ALL light music events entered. Video submissions should be uploaded to You Tube and then competitors should email the link(s) to email@example.com
- Each video submission must be made in one complete take (no editing allowed), but use as many attempts as you want. For Light music events, competitors can stop between events to retune or have a drink of water.
- Your videos must be recorded within the recording window
- All Video submissions must be emailed to CLASP admin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight (UK time) on Sunday 21st March 2021.
- Your video should show most or all of your body, including your head. Your video must be lighted properly so your face and hands can be clearly seen. Videos with poor lighting or sound may not be accepted.
- Competitors are allowed to tune up prior to starting their performance, just as you would in a regular competition setting.
UPLOADING VIDEO ENTRIES
All entries will be video submitted using the free platform, You Tube. CLASP admin will share each competitors’ video submission link with their relevant judge for the adjudication process. Please note that The CLASP will provide support and clear steps for competitors uploading video submission. Here is a link to uploading a video using a smart phone https://youtu.be/t-tDxsafFX8