The recording window for the Virtual Highland Games is Friday 4th June - Sunday 13th June 2021. Please take time to read All the information below, which includes the rules and clear information on how to record your video submission.
It is key for each competitor to say the words 'The CLASP Virtual Highland Games' at the start of a video introduction and also please note that the Light Music submission should be recorded and emailed as ONE link that is unedited, but can include short breaks between events for tuning and to have a drink (of water!)
Below are the relevant excel links to view competitor lists for each grade, assigned judges for each event and the tunes selected by the judges for grades 1 and 2.
*Please note that there are labelled tabs on each excel file for Grades 1, 2, 3 & 4.You may need to scroll along to see all Light Music event tabs. There are eight titled tabs.
Grade 3 Update: The Grade 3, 2/4 March event and Strathspey & Reel event has been split into two heats due to a large number of entries. A draw was used to randomly split the competitors into two heats. Six names (in no particular order) will be announced from each heat (at the prize giving). These 12 pipers will be judged by a different judge who will decide the final top 6 for both the 2/4 March and the Strathspey & Reel event. League points will only be awarded to the final top six placed competitors.
All video submission links should be sent using You Tube to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight (UK time) on Sunday 13th June 2021.
Results will be announced on Saturday 26th June at 9pm (UK time) via video link on the CLASP Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/TheCLASP and results will also be publish on the News section of The CLASP website and on BagpipeNews https://bagpipe.news/
Good luck to you all!
VIDEO Submission Information for Competitors:
Videos should be submitted separately for Light Music and Piobaireachd events.
* One video link should be sent for Light Music and one separate video link should be send for Piobaireachd.
Light Music recordings should include ALL light music events entered. The video should not be paused once started and can include tuning, short breaks between events to have a drink of water. Video submissions should be uploaded to You Tube and then competitors should email the link(s) to email@example.com
Video Introduction (Competitors who do not announce themselves correctly at the start of their video recording can not be accepted for the event(s) entered)
All CLASP competitors should introduce themselves at the start of their video recording and include the following information: Competitors Name/ Grade/Light Music or Piobaireachd event/ Name of Competition and year. For example: My name is Ann MacDonald and I will be taking part in the Grade 1 Light Music events for the CLASP Virtual Highland Games, 2021. This information should also be included (typed into description box) when uploading your competition recording(s) on You Tube - Please see instructional video on how to upload a video recorded on your smart phone to YouTube https://youtu.be/t-tDxsafFX8
- PERFORMANCE DRESS
Highland attire is required
- VIDEO Submissions - One video link should be sent for Light Music and one separate video link should be send for Piobaireachd.
Videos should be submitted separately for Light Music and Piobaireachd events. Light Music recordings should include ALL light music events entered. Video submissions should be uploaded to You Tube and then competitors should email the link(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each video submission must be made in one complete take (no editing allowed), but use as many attempts as you want. For Light music events, competitors can stop between events to retune or have a drink of water.
- Your videos must be recorded within the recording window
- All Video submissions must be emailed to CLASP admin (email@example.com) by midnight (UK time) on Sunday 13th June 2021.
- Your video should show most or all of your body, including your head. Your video must be lighted properly so your face and hands can be clearly seen. Videos with poor lighting or sound may not be accepted.
- Competitors are allowed to tune up prior to starting their performance, just as you would in a regular competition setting.
UPLOADING VIDEO ENTRIES
All entries should be emailed as video submissions using the free platform, You Tube. CLASP admin will share each competitors’ video submission link with their relevant judge for the adjudication process. Please note that The CLASP will provide support and clear steps for competitors uploading video submission. Here is a link to uploading a video using a smart phone https://youtu.be/t-tDxsafFX8